Boost your income during the school holidays and travel the world working as a seasonal youth worker providing care, activities and entertainment for children on board a luxury cruise ship.
About the role
We’re recruiting seasonal Youth Staff, to provide care and entertainment for children onboard a luxury cruise ship during the school holidays. This is a fantastic opportunity to travel to amazing destinations such as the Caribbean, Australia, New Zealand, Canada and Europe.
You will be participating in activities, encouraging children of all ages to join in and, most importantly, have fun! You'll get to choose which age category you would prefer to work with - children aged 6 months to 8 years or young people aged 9 to 17 years.
Work is available during the Summer, Christmas, Easter and half-term school holidays. You only need to commit to a minimum of 4 weeks over a 12-month period. For example, you could choose to work 2 weeks in the Summer and 2 weeks at Easter. Alternatively, you may want to work more – it’s up to you!
You'll be working an average 9-hour day, so there will be plenty of time for you to relax, enjoy the ship’s amazing facilities and go sightseeing when the ship docks.
About the school
You will be working as part of a fun and energetic Youth team for a highly reputable operator of global cruises, who provide unforgettable holiday happiness and memorable holiday experiences for families. They are passionate about people and staff work together to inspire and empower each other.
- Have a relevant qualification in childcare (Level 3 or above) or QTS
- Have a minimum of 12 months recent experience working with children
- Be available to work a minimum of 4 weeks over a 12-month period
- A relevant qualification in childcare (Level 3 or above) or QTS
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience working with children
- Delivering fun activities (games, parties, arts and crafts etc) for children and young people
- Supervising children as they play independently (eg in soft play)
- Responding to individual children’s needs appropriately and following staff policies at all times
- Ensuring that the safety and wellbeing of children is a priority
- Keeping accurate records of any incidents or accidents
- Effective communication with parents
What the school offer
- £1,820 a month
- Food, accommodation and uniform included
- Visit amazing worldwide destinations