Are you a current or an aspiring Young Offender Support Worker who wants to make a difference to the lives of Young People in the Leeds area?
About the role
Are you a current or an aspiring Young Offenders Support Worker who wants to make a difference to the lives of Young People in the Leeds area? Do you have experience supporting children and young people with SEMH? Are you an experienced support worker or sports coach seeking a new challenge? If you are answering 'yes' to any of the above mentioned questions, we would love to hear from you!
All of the pupils that attend this secure unit have either been placed there by the Local Authority for Welfare Reasons or they have been placed there by the Youth Justice Board as they have been convicted of a crime. The staff that work with these young people need to be fully committed and genuinely passionate about making a real difference to the lives of these young people. If you feel that you meet this criteria and the criteria below, then please do get in touch.
£13 per hour for weekdays and £20 per hour for weekends- Full Time, Shifts. Earlies, Lates and Weekends.
The responsibilities of a Young Offenders Support Worker at this provision are as follows: supporting the young people in the setting to manage their behaviour, as well as providing fun and safe environment. You will also be responsible for record keeping and reporting incidents.
About the school
The Provision is a 24 bed secure unit place for children ages between 11-16 that have been convicted for a crime or have safeguarding issues.
- Be available Monday to Sunday for early and late shifts and able to comit to a 37.5 hour rota.
- Be physically fit and energetic.
- Be passionate about changing the lives of young people with Mental Health Issues
- Have experience working with young people with mental health issues.
- he minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are 6 months minimum experience working with Children with Mental Health issues from deprived backgrounds with challenging behaviour.
About Vision for Education
What Vision for Education offer
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.