£350 - £400 per week
About the role
Vision for Education are recruiting for a Young Offender Support Worker to work with young people aged between 11 and 17 who are receiving their education in Pupil Referral Unit settings across Manchester.
- The role of a Young Offender Support Worker is to support young people to access education, as they will often be very disengaged from school-life.
- This would be an amazing opportunity for somebody who wants to make a difference to young people from disadvantaged backgrounds, and that in some cases have suffered major trauma.
About the school
- The work of a Young Offender Support Worker will require you to be based within a Pupil Referral Unit school setting
- You will offer guidance and support both in the classroom, and also with their social and emotional development.
- The working hours are 8:30am – 3:30pm Monday to Friday.
- There are opportunities for the role to become a permanent position after a qualifying period is worked
- Be resilient
- Be able to demonstrate empathy
- Have a passion to change young people's lives for the better
- Have an understanding of Social, Emotional and Mental Health Issues
- Relevant experience working with young offenders, young people with Social, Emotional and Mental Health issues or working within a residential home with looked after children, or a similar role.
About Vision for Education
What Vision for Education offer
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.