In partnership with schools in our local communities, we are proud to launch our National Teaching Assistant Programme, designed to support those who want to start a Teaching Assistant career.
About the role
he role of a Teaching Assistant is vital in the day-to-day running of schools. The best Teaching Assistants have excellent communication skills and are able to build positive relationships with pupils and staff, quickly and effectively.
Depending on the role and the school, you will be working with the class teacher to manage behaviour, support with interventions, and provide additional support to children with SEND (special educational needs and disabilities).
You will assist the class teacher with recording and reporting on pupil progress and behaviour, and help ensure that children are making good progress in the classroom.
About the school
Working alongside our client schools, we will provide the successful Trainee Teaching Assistant with high quality training and paid on the job experience.
Following a successful interview and pending suitability, safeguarding and identity checks, we will work to secure you a paid placement in a school to further develop your skills.
Prior to starting your placement, you will be required to complete a training programme delivered by Vision for Education and school leaders, which will give you the essential skills you need to work as a Teaching Assistant.
- Be compassionate, understanding and caring.
- Be able to build positive relationships with children and young people.
- Be passionate and driven about improving the outcomes for children and young people.
- Be flexible, proactive and a team player.
- Understand the crucial importance of keeping children and young people safe
- Be able to demonstrate at interview the reasons why you want to start a career in education, and explain your understanding of the role of a Teaching Assistant and the important part they play in the school community.
- Be committed to completing the required training and participating in ongoing CPD.
- Be willing to pay for an enhanced DBS check and register with the Update Service.
- Passion and drive to become an outstanding Teaching Assistant.
About Vision for Education
What Vision for Education offer
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.