Vision for Education are seeking SEND Teaching Assistant on a full-time, long-term basis with experience working with Children with Special Educational Needs to join our team.
About the role
The role of a SEND Teaching Assistant involves working with Children with a variety of Special Educational Needs, such as Autism (non verbal and pre-verbal) severe learning difficulties, moderate learning difficulties, complex needs, Speech, Language and communication needs, and behaviours that challenge. This role requires a adaptable, committed, enthusiastic and resilient Teaching Assistant with great communication skills that has experience working with children with complex needs. You will work as part of a dedicated and committed team that have a child-centred approach in all they do. This position starts as soon as possible on a long-term basis.
About the school
This setting is a primary special school in Sheffield that caters for child aged four to eleven years old, who have a range of Special Educational Needs
- Have a minimum of 3 months experience in one relevant setting i.e. school, youth centre, sports coaching, residential setting, respite centre
- OR a reference to cover a 3 Months period (this does not have to be full time) experience on a relevant setting as above
- Previous experience of working with behaviours that challenge is highly desirable
- An enhanced DBS registered to the update service or the willingness to apply for one
- The ability to work on initiative and proactively
- The desire to work with young people with special educational needs
- Own transport is highly desirable or close links to public transport
- Available at least 3 days per week
- At least 6 weeks referencable experience in a relevant setting
About Vision for Education
What Vision for Education offer
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.