We are currently seeking additional Teaching Assistants to work within our partner Special Education Needs school settings in Pontefract.
About the role
We are currently seeking additional Teaching Assistant – Special Needs to work within our partner SEND school settings in Pontefract. This role involves supporting young people and children with a range of special educational needs.
The Teaching Assistant – Special Needs role involves supporting school aged pupils who have been identified as having additional needs. These needs range from ASD, PMLD, Complex Needs, Mobility, SEMH and MLD.
About the school
Based in the Pontefract area and is easily accessible via public transport. There is also ample car parking. We are continually seeking quality caring staff members, who with additional experience and training may eventually become full time or even supply support staff members.
- Have previous experience of working with children or young people; ideally within a school, nursery, childcare, youth work, play or care setting within the last 2 years.
- We must be able to obtain valid references from these roles.
- Hold, or be prepared to undergo an Enhanced DBS, registered to the Update Service
- Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
- recent experience obtained within the last 2 years, of working with children or young people, ideally within a school, nursery, childcare, youth work, play or care setting. We must be able to obtain references from these roles.
About Vision for Education
What Vision for Education offer
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.