Vision for Education Lincolnshire are recruiting for a Teaching Assistant - Young Offenders to work with young people in Sleaford aged between 11 - 18
About the role
Vision for Education Lincolnshire are recruiting for a Teaching Assistant - Young Offenders to work with young people in Sleaford aged between 11 - 18 within a specialist school setting. The students have committed high level crimes and are now in residential care within the Unit, either post sentencing or pre sentencing. The successful Teaching Assistant will be able to build relationships quickly and have a none judgemental mindset. The successful candidate will be resilient, patient and understanding. Experience within within a Pupil Referral Unit or with Social Work while not necessary would be desirable.
About the school
The unit is a 12 bed residential home with educational setting attached. The students work from 9am to 15:30 pm within 7 - 45 minute sessions. They are taught English, Maths, ICT, Science, Humanities and PE and vocational subjects such as Cooking and CDT.
- Be able to adapt to certain situations that can arise
- Be available on a full time long term basis
- Have a resilient yet empathetic approach to supporting young people
- Have a genuine desire to become part of a committed team of school staff
- Have Team Teach training or be willing to attend the FREE course held by Vision
- Experience working with Special Educational Needs
- Have previous experience working in a similar setting
- At least 3 months working with young people, adults or children with SEND needs
- Experience working within a Pupil Referral Unit, secure unit or similar setting
About Vision for Education
What Vision for Education offer
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.