We are looking for an experienced Teacher of SEN for an OFSTED Outstanding provider in Kirkby Lonsdale, starting ASAP.
About the role
The ideal candidate will have prior experience as a Teacher of SEN in working with SEN, specifically with Autism and complex learning difficulties due to the nature of the students in the class. The ideal Teacher of SEN will be comfortable in dealing with complex behaviours associated with SEMH, with the potential of physical intervention (training provided by the setting/Vision for Education).
The Teacher of SEN role is for a Maternity Cover starting from May, for a minimum 6 month period.
The long term planning of the class will be covered for the first couple of weeks, with the expectation that the candidate will be able to plan after that.
About the school
The school is a co-educational Independent Special School for young people between the ages of 5-19.
The school is co-located with a children’s home and caters for young people with needs arising from Autism Spectrum Condition, Learning Difficulties/Disabilities and Mental Health needs.
The school admits young people across a broad cognitive profile ranging from those at an early developmental stage up to those who may follow entry level vocational studies/GCSE programmes.
- Holding a PGCE qualification or QTS (Qualified Teacher Status)
- Have experience working in a similar setting with young people that have a variety of learning difficulties.
- Be an excellent communicator, able to work well as part of a wider team.
- Be confident teaching small classes of SEN students.
- Hold knowledge of either the Primary/Secondary national curricula.
- Holding QTS (Qualified Teacher Status) or equivalent
- Having relevant recent experience as a classroom practitioner
About Vision for Education
What Vision for Education offer
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.