Vision for Education are proud to be working in partnership with a nationally recognised alternative education provider to recruit a Teacher of PE & Science for a permanent position.
About the role
The main purpose of the role is to provide high quality teaching & learning to students.
The successful candidate will be required to develop schemes of work and lesson plans in line with curriculum objectives and facilitate learning by establishing positive relationships with students and nurturing an engaging learning environment. You will be required to assess and record pupil progress and prepare students for exams by providing appropriate challenge that deepens knowledge and understanding
About the school
The Ofsted ‘Good’ alternative education provider are a multi-sited company with each school registered separately with the Department for Education as an Independent School. They specialise in teaching students who may present challenging behaviours or are not suited to mainstream education for various reasons, including SEND such as Social, Emotional & Mental Health (SEMH). They offer an alternative curriculum to meet the needs of each student on an individual basis. Each of the schools have a maximum of 55 students.
Students within the schools are usually divided into:
Key Stage 3: Years 7-9 (age 11-14)
Key Stage 4: Years 10 and 11 (ages 14-16)
The school is a fast-paced, flexible thinking company that relies on empathy, commitment, and compassion to ensure our students receive the best education they can by taking considered steps to break down long standing barriers to education. They are looking for individuals to join them who thrive on the opportunity to make a difference to others, are passionate about learning and display a willingness to grow.
- QTS or QTLS desirable although candidates with a degree in chosen subject and qualification such as PTLLS are welcome to apply
- Relevant experience
- Strong subject knowledge within chosen subject(s)
- The ability to manage behaviour fairly and consistently
- Relevant experience and qualification such as PTLLS
- Planning and delivery of lessons that deliver excellent progress and meet the needs of all learners, including SEND, LAC, & more
- Teaching to meet the needs of a range of qualifications, including some of: Functional Skills, BTEC, Vocational Courses, GCSE
- Assess and monitor students work and provide targets for progress
- Develop plans which identify clear targets and success criteria within your teaching subject(s)
- Communicate effectively with parents & carers and to promote the general well-being of young people
- Maximising CPD opportunities and working in collaboration with other staff
What the school offer
- Fantastic CPD opportunities
- 39 weeks allocated for teaching
- Support and funding for unqualified teachers to gain QTS/QTLS
- Contributory pension scheme