£25 per hour
About the role
Do you have excellent curriculum knowledge in your subject/Key Stage? Are you looking for additional teaching hours after school or at the weekends?
Vision for Education are looking for Subject and Key Stage specialist teachers to deliver 1:1 tuition to young people in Stockport who need further support to achieve their target grades.
- Build positive relationships and help students overcome barriers to learning,
- Plan and deliver engaging lessons that can take place face to face or online depending on the student's situation,
- Implement teaching and learning strategies based around the student's EHCP and make adjustments to maintain focus and motivate students,
- Liaise with schools to gain schemes of work and report any issues or concerns when necessary,
- Complete weekly reports of student’s engagement and attainment, record weekly attendance figures.
About the school
Tuition sessions can be requested by local authorities, mainstream schools or alternative provisions, with sessions usually taking place in venues such as:
- Residential homes
- The family home (providing an appropriate adult is present)
- Have experience of teaching young people
- Have a comprehensive understanding of working with young people with EHCPs
- Have experience of implementing a variety of de-escalation strategies in challenging situations involving young people
- A teaching qualification (QTS/QTLS is desired but not essential)
About Vision for Education
What Vision for Education offer
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.