A highly regarded special needs college in Manchester is seeking to appoint a full time SEND Tutor to deliver the post-16 curriculum to students with Autism and complex needs.
About the role
The SEND Tutor will be required to deliver an innovative and progressive curriculum. Class sizes are small, between 4-8 students per class and there is a high ratio of LSA support. Ability levels can vary considerably. This is an ongoing role and there is excellent potential for progression in this school, with many staff being taken onto permanent contracts after a short period of supply work.
About the school
The college promotes a multidisciplinary approach to learning and has expertise in supporting students with a wide range of needs. The school aims to provide inclusive and vibrant environment and adopt, for many students, a sensory approach to learning which they will expect the SEND Tutor to promote.
- Experience working within a SEND school or with children/young people with physical or learning disabilities of some sort is essential for this teaching role.
- Be dedicated and supportive, an excellent communicator, passionate about working with students with SEND.
- A Teaching Qualification
About Vision for Education
What Vision for Education offer
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.