Vision for Education are urgently seeking teaching assistants to work in several mainstream primary settings in the Bristol/South Gloucestershire area.
About the role
As a SEND Teaching Assistant, you will be required to support the class teacher and other teaching assistants in the delivery of lessons whilst also providing support and guidance to the students in their variety of learning needs.
Vision for Education are a temporary supply agency and are looking for people who are seeking either day to day or long-term supply placements.
Working with students with special educational needs is an extremely rewarding environment to work in, however can be challenging getting to know the needs of students and therefore this role benefits from consistency and continuity.
About the school
Vision for education currently work with a number of mainstream primary schools in the Bristol and surrounding area, that cater for needs including but not limited to PMLD, MLD, ADHD, ADD, ASD, Global Delay, VI, HI, SEMH and behaviours that challenge.
All of our SEND schools and settings are passionate about providing the best quality of education, care and specialist support for all their pupils and put them at the centre of everything they do. It is important that this is at the forefront of your values also.
- Be reliable, flexible and creative!
- Have experience supporting children and young adults with a range of different learning needs and abilities – PMLD, MLD, ADHD, ADD, ASD, Global Delay, VI, HI, SEMH
- Ideally have your own transport or close public transport links
- Have a genuine desire to become part of a committed team, have a nurturing and caring nature and a genuine desire to make a difference.
- Team Teach, Moving and handling is highly desirable
- At least 3 months relevant classroom experience or transferrable experience working with individuals with SEND
About Vision for Education
What Vision for Education offer
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.