This is a temporary position meaning you have the opportunity to secure long/short term bookings with various schools in Leeds to gain more experience in the sector and to support a wide range of different children.
About the role
As a Special Needs Teaching Assistant you will work alongside the Class Teacher to assist with delivering lessons and supporting children to learn through play to help them expand on their communication and sensory skills.
The aim of your role is to support the development of pupils’ spoken language as well as reading and writing.
As a Special Needs Teaching Assistant, you will be supporting the pupils to take part in many opportunities such as going out in the community for independent travel training and with domestic life skills such as teaching them how to cook.
About the school
The environment in which you will be working is in a Special School in Boston Spa. The school caters for children and young people aged 2-19 with a wide range of learning needs like Autism, Learning Disabilities, Language Barriers and Complex Conditions.
To support with learning and development, all pupils have an Education and Care Plan in place which helps staff to understand the specific needs and requirements of each pupil and their most effective methods of learning.
- Be available Monday to Friday 08:30-15:30pm
- Be willing to attend a two day positive behaviour management course
- Have a minimum of 6 months experience supporting young people with Learning Disabilities and Autism
- Have, or be willing to obtain a DBS on the update service
- Qualifications and Experience
About Vision for Education
What Vision for Education offer
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.