This is a temporary, long-term position meaning that you will have the opportunity to work long-term, full-time placements at various special schools around West Yorkshire.
About the role
As a SEND Teacher, you will be supporting pupils with Learning Disabilities, Autism and Complex Needs like communication barriers to work to the best of their ability in order to make the most of their education and learning.
The responsibilities of a SEND Teacher are to deliver lessons in accordance with the national curriculum, managing behaviour of pupils, record keeping and liaising with parents, carers and the school SENCO. As the school caters for children with various needs and requirements, it may be required that activities are differentiated to suit the ability of each child to ensure each pupil has the opportunity to engage and take part in the tasks provided.
About the school
The environment in which you will be working is in a Special School in Lofthouse, Wakefield that caters for students between the ages of 11 to 16+ with a wide range of learning needs from moderate to severe learning difficulties, Autism, Complex Needs and communication and language barriers.
The school is committed to providing an environment in which all pupils can feel safe, happy, accepted and integrated, so that they are able to develop to their full potential. The school believe in a personalised approach to enable all pupils to achieve their individual outcomes based on their aspirations for the future.
- Hold QT's
- Have a minimum of 1 term of experience working in a special school at a similar role.
- Be available Monday to Friday 08:00 – 15.00.
- Hold QT's
About Vision for Education
What Vision for Education offer
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.