This position is for maternity cover and will start from after the Easter half term.
About the role
As a SEND Teacher, you will be teaching a group of semi-formal KS3/4 learners (12 pupils) who need a high level of support in all areas, e.g. speech and language, sensory, independence, life skills etc.
The responsibilities of a SEND Teacher at this school are to deliver lessons in accordance with the national curriculum, managing behaviour of pupils, record keeping and liaising with parents, carers and the school SENCO. As the school caters for children with various needs and requirements, it may be required that activities are differentiated to suit the ability of each child to ensure each pupil has the opportunity to engage and take part in the tasks provided.
About the school
The environment in which you will be working is in a Special School in Harrogate / Knaresborough that caters for children between the ages of 4 to 16. The school caters for pupils with a wide range of learning needs from moderate to severe learning difficulties, Autism and Complex Needs and communication and language barriers.
The school is committed to providing an environment in which all pupils can feel safe, happy, accepted and integrated, so that they are able to develop to their full potential. This means various facilities and provisions have been added to the school like creative/sensory rooms and sunken trampolines in order to make it accessible for each child and they can make the most out of their learning.
- Hold QT’s
- Have a minimum of 1 term of experience working in a special school at a similar role.
- Be available Monday to Friday 08:30 – 15.30.
- Be willing to attend a one-day positive behaviour management course.
- Be willing to undergo a DBS check.
- Have a good understanding of autism, associated speech, language and communication difficulties.
- Qualifications and Experience
About Vision for Education
What Vision for Education offer
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.