We are looking for a SEN Teaching Assistant (Level 2 or higher) for a Special school in Blackpool, starting ASAP.
About the role
The successful SEN Teaching Assistant will be tasked with working with classes made up of students aged between 8-17 years old in small group and 1:1 settings. Working under the direction of the class teacher, the ideal teaching assistant will be energetic, flexible, positive and patient, with an ability to build strong working relationships with young people with barriers to learning. Experience working with EHCPs and individualised curricula is advantageous.
Duties will include:
- Supporting the class teacher to deliver work in accordance with the National Curriculum or individualised curricula based on EHCPs.
- Assisting the class teacher with behaviour management.
- Running small group and 1:1 sessions with direction from the class teacher.
- Ensuring the best possible progress for all students you work with.
About the school
The students in the school have a variety of Specific Learning Difficulties (SpLD) and other related learning difficulties including Dyslexia, ADHD, ASC and SEMH needs. They provide high quality special education for girls and boys aged 8-17 years of age from Blackpool and the surrounding areas. The school is OFSTED Outstanding and provides a small, nurturing, structured, multi-sensory provision including small class sizes to provide the best outcomes for their students.
- Have experience working in a similar setting with young people that have a variety of learning difficulties.
- Be proactive and empathetic in your approach, always aiming to achieve the best possible outcomes for the students you work with.
- Be an excellent communicator, able to work well as part of a wider team of staff.
- Be adaptable in your approach with a good understanding of a range of SEND needs.
- Level 2 Teaching Assistant qualification or equivalent.
- Experience working in a similar setting with children of secondary age.
About Vision for Education
What Vision for Education offer
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.