SEN Teaching Assistant
£325 to £375 per week
16 April 2022
Vision for Education are now looking to appoint an SEN Teaching Assistant to work with students with a diverse range of needs including physical disabilities and autism.
About the role
- You will be expected to provide classroom-based support to students with a range of special education needs and disabilities
- You will need to be passionate and have a genuine interest in supporting students to help them with their learning and facilitate their development in a positive way
- You will support the class teacher by working with small nurture groups, and on a 1:1 basis
- We will be looking for someone with the right personality and skill set to support young people in fulfilling their best protentional
About the school
- We support well-established SEN schools in Tameside that cater for students aged 5-16 who will have an Education and Health Care Plan
- Each school has a committed and supportive team of staff who provide a nurturing and inclusive environment for all students
- There are opportunities for the role to become permanent with the school after a qualifying period
To be considered for the role of SEN Teaching Assistant you will:
- Have a desire to work in an SEN school with students who have a range of Special Educational Needs and Disabilities
- Have a caring, positive, and flexible attitude
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are:
- Have a minimum of 6 weeks relevant experience
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Vision for Education offer
As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
Vision for Education do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.