Vision for Education are looking to grow their teaching assistant team with a vacancy for an experienced SEN Teaching Assistant for a school in the Kendal area starting ASAP.
About the role
The successful SEN Teaching Assistant will be tasked with working with classes made up of students across Key Stage 1 to Key Stage 5. A more permanent class will be given to you with time, dependent on your relevant experience.
Key duties will include:
- Supporting the class teacher to deliver work in accordance with the National Curriculum and within personalised curriculum guidelines within EHCPs
- Assisting the class teacher with behaviour management
- Supporting pupils on a one-to-one and small group basis
- Contributing to record keeping and using EHCPs to enhance pupil support and teaching.
About the school
The school is a forward- thinking special school for children and young people between the ages of 3-19. They have two sites, one for primary and KS3 and the other for KS4. They have a large catchment area and accepts students with severe, profound and complex needs. Students are diverse in terms of their abilities, interests, strengths and sense of humour. Students often need help throughout the day in terms of support in lessons, managing their own needs, help with feeding, dressing and toileting and learning how to communicate and interact appropriately with others.
- Have experience working in a similar setting with young people that have learning difficulties.
- Be proactive and empathetic in your approach, always aiming to achieve the best possible outcomes for the students you work with.
- Be an excellent communicator, able to work well as part of a wider team.
- Have a minimum of Level 2 Teaching Assistant qualification or equivalent.
- Have the ability to lead small group and 1:1 activities under the direction of the teacher.
- Have a Level 3 Teaching Assistant qualification, but the school are willing to consider Level 2 qualified candidates.
- To have recent experience in a similar role within the last two years.
About Vision for Education
What Vision for Education offer
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.