Vision for Education are looking to grow their teaching assistant team with a vacancy for an experienced SEN Teaching Assistant for a Special school in Kirkby Lonsdale, starting ASAP.
About the role
The successful SEN Teaching Assistant will be tasked with working with classes made up of students across Key Stage 1 to Key Stage 5. The school are looking for long-term roles with the potential of this role becoming permanent for the right candidate.
The candidate will have experience working with Severe Learning Difficulties (SLD) and Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD).
As a Teaching Assistant you will work under the direction of the Class Teacher and Head Teacher alongside our strong and supportive Leadership team.
Key duties will include:
- Supporting the class teacher to deliver work in accordance with the National Curriculum and within personalised curriculum guidelines within EHCPs
- Assisting the class teacher with behaviour management
- Supporting pupils on a one-to-one and small group basis
- Contributing to record keeping and using EHCPs to enhance pupil support and teaching.
About the school
The school is a co-educational Independent Special School for young people between the ages of 5-19.
The school is co-located with a children’s home and caters for young people with needs arising from Autism Spectrum Condition, Learning Difficulties/Disabilities and Mental Health needs.
The school admits young people across a broad cognitive profile ranging from those at an early developmental stage up to those who may follow entry level/ GCSE programmes.
- Have experience working in a similar setting with young people that have learning difficulties.
- Be proactive and empathetic in your approach, always aiming to achieve the best possible outcomes for the students you work with.
- Be an excellent communicator, able to work well as part of a wider team.
- Have a minimum of Level 2 Teaching Assistant qualification or equivalent.
- Have the ability to lead small group and 1:1 activities under the direction of the teacher.
- Have a Level 2 Teaching Assistant qualification.
- To have recent experience in a similar role within the last two years.
About Vision for Education
What Vision for Education offer
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.