We are looking for an experienced SEN Teaching Assistant for a setting in Leyland, starting ASAP for the rest of the academic year.
About the role
This is a fantastic opportunity for a committed SEN Teaching Assistant to make a difference to pupils lives and their experience of education, especially those who have become disengaged from education. The successful SEN Teaching Assistant will be required to work with small classes and 1:1 ranging from ages 4-11, assisting pupils in overcoming barriers to learning and dealing with behavioural issues.
About the school
The school is a Pupil Referral Unit (PRU) based in Leyland for Primary aged students. They provide full time education for primary education for pupils from Reception to Year 6 (4 to 11 years old) who have been permanently excluded from Preston, South Ribble and Chorley for up to 50 pupils. However the number of pupils attending the school fluctuates throughout the school year and the school population itself is transient.
- Have experience working with either small groups or 1:1 with students who may demonstrate challenging behaviour and who may have Special Educational Needs.
- Be able to provide a safe and positive learning environment and de-escalate any threatening or aggressive behaviour.
- Mentor and engage with the students, successfully delivering specifically designed educational packages.
- Be confident and have a positive approach that engages students in their learning.
- Have excellent classroom management skills.
- Ideally have experience leading Numeracy, Literacy or Vocabulary related interventions.
- Holding a Level 2 Teaching Assistant qualification or equivalent.
About Vision for Education
What Vision for Education offer
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.