We are looking for an experienced SEN Teaching Assistant for a Special school setting in Barrow-in-Furness, starting ASAP.
About the role
The successful SEN Teaching Assistant will be tasked with working with classes made up of students with SEN needs aged between 2 and 19 years old in small group and 1:1 settings. Experience in either a Primary or Secondary setting is necessary to understand curriculum expectations for the students you would be supporting.
Working under the direction of the class teacher, the ideal SEN Teaching Assistant will be energetic, flexible, positive and patient, with an ability to build strong working relationships with young people with barriers to learning.
Experience working with EHCPs and individualised curricula is advantageous, alongside a Level 2 Teaching Assistant qualification or equivalent.
Duties will include:
- Supporting the class teacher to deliver work in accordance with the National Curriculum or individualised curricula based on EHCPs.
- Assisting the class teacher with behaviour management.
- Running small group and 1:1 sessions with direction from the class teacher.
- Ensuring the best possible progress for all students you work with.
About the school
The school is for pupils with severe or profound learning difficulties, and other associated learning needs and is the main SEND provision in the Furness area and supports students from all over Barrow and Furness.
The school aims to provide maximum participation in the National Curriculum for every pupil, where it is relevant to individual need and can be made accessible, taking into account individual levels of competency. Pupils will be provided with rich, varied and appropriate educational experiences and opportunities.
Pupils will be encouraged to co-operate with, tolerate and show respect for other people. The self-esteem and independence of pupils will be developed through an awareness of personal growth, achievement and progression. Pupils will be encouraged to enjoy learning.
- Have experience working in a similar setting with young people that have a variety of learning difficulties.
- Be proactive and empathetic in your approach, always aiming to achieve the best possible outcomes for the students you work with.
- Be an excellent communicator, able to work well as part of a wider team of staff.
- Be adaptable in your approach with a good understanding of a range of SEND needs.
- Level 2 Teaching Assistant qualification or equivalent.
- Experience working in a similar setting with children of secondary age.
About Vision for Education
What Vision for Education offer
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.