Vision for Education are currently looking to recruit a 1:1 teaching assistant to work with a pupil in a Y6 class with ADHD. This is a school located in Accrington. Full time until the end of the academic year.
About the role
Vision for Education are currently looking to recruit a 1:1 teaching assistant to work with a Year 6 pupils for the rest of the academic year. This position will require you to work in a mainstream school located in Accrington.
The 1:1 teaching assistant position will involve:
- Working in small class groups or with individual students on a 1:1 basis to support them within education
- Providing emotional support to the pupil and taking him out of the classroom to cool off where required
- Reporting back on progress to promote best practice
- There are opportunities for the role to become permanent with the school after a qualifying period
About the school
The school is an average sized 2 form entry school, located in Accrington. The 1:1 SEN teaching assistant will be working within a year 6 class of 24 pupils. There is another teaching assistant who generally supports in the classroom and leads interventions.
The school is rated Ofsted 'GOOD' and the SLT are working hard to improve in certain areas so it is an exciting time to get involved with the school.
- Hold a L2 Teaching assistant qualification or equivalent
- Must have recent experience working in a education or care setting
- Must have the drive to become a part of a dedicated team
- Experience and qualifications
About Vision for Education
What Vision for Education offer
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.