Are you an EARLY CAREER TEACHER looking for work in a school until the end of the academic year? If you hold QTS, a fantastic opportunity has become available at an SEN school in Blackburn for an immediate start.
About the role
An OFSTED rated 'Good' special educational setting in Blackburn are looking to secure a new primary or secondary qualified teacher starting ASAP. The right candidate will be looking to build up on their experiences within the classroom and enhance the learning of pupils with additional needs.
The successful candidate would be expected to:
- Plan lessons, small group activities and 1:1 sessions with class sizes of less than 10 students.
- Work closely to individual EHCPs to enhance planning.
- Attend staff meetings where required.
About the school
The school is for pupils with a variety of SEN needs, who provide high quality special education for girls and boys aged 8-16 years of age, from Blackburn and the surrounding areas.
They pride themselves on creating a secure and inclusive environment for the children they support, putting their needs at the centre of everything they do.
The school benefits from a supportive senior leadership team and wider school community with a nurturing and inclusive environment where strong relationships between children and staff form all the basic aspects of school life.
- Have experience working in a similar setting with young people that have a variety of learning difficulties.
- Must have a PGCE or a BA (Hons) with QTS.
- Be an excellent communicator, able to work well as part of a wider team.
- Be confident teaching small classes of SEN students.
- Hold knowledge of either the Primary/Secondary national curricula.
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
- Experience working in a similar setting with students who have SEND needs.
About Vision for Education
What Vision for Education offer
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.