Vision for Education are working with a Secondary School based in Preston, Lancashire to recruit a Science Technician to start April 2022 for the remainder of the academic year.
About the role
As a science technician your main responsibilities include managing laboratories and ensuring that the right equipment, tools, chemicals and other materials are adequately stocked and kept in working condition. It is essential that you have previous experience and hold a qualification withing Science.
This role may also require you to supervisor Science classes at times as well as assist with small intervention groups, so previous experience as a cover supervisor or Teaching Assistant would also be desirable.
About the school
This school is based in Preston, and part of large Academy trust. The Science department is supportive and friendly. The school is forward thinking and benefits from a proactive Senior Leadership team.
- A strong knowledge of science and a genuine interest in the subject. –
- A qualification in any area of science
- Previous experience of working in a school laboratory for referencing purposes.
- Be adaptable and flexible
- Have a genuine desire to become part of a committed team of school staff
- salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications
About Vision for Education
What Vision for Education offer
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.