£70 - £80 per day
About the role
Do you have experience with working one to one with children and young adults with Special Needs in a mentoring role? A dedicated Residential Support Worker is needed in Tameside, to assist children and young adults with Autism, Learning Disabilities and Complex Needs.
- A patient and caring approach when providing all aspects of care
- Being able to adapt to different working environments
- work closely with individual students under the guidance of the class teacher, helping them to achieve their daily learning goals
- Be able to work with challenging behaviours as well as have a nurturing and supportive approach to your practice
About the school
- The Schools we work with in Tameside cater for pupils with learning disabilities and challenging behaviours and aim to provide the very best support for their students
- This school seeks to provide an appropriate and high-quality education for all the children in their school
- Some pupils can display verbal or physical challenging behaviours so the ideal candidate in this role will need strong de-escalation and behaviour management skills.
- Be dedicated and supportive, an excellent communicator and passionate about working with students and younger people
- Have a patient and caring nature
- Be willing to work in the Tameside area
- A minimum of 6 weeks relevant experience
About Vision for Education
What Vision for Education offer
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.