PRU Teaching Assistant
£325 to £3,753 per week
26 March 2022
We are currently working with Pupil Referral Units in Oldham who are looking for PRU Teaching assistants to support young people. These settings support students with social, emotional, and mental health needs as well as challenging behaviour.
About the role
- Being able to build strong and trusting relationships
- Be required to work either with small groups or on a 1:1 basis
- Being resilient and support students to persevere through difficult situations
About the school
- The PRU schools in Oldham have a smaller intake of students so class sizes will vary
- They offer a balanced and broad range of subjects
- They ensure an encouraging environment where each student is valued
- They have supportive teams of staff that promote a safe and welcoming environment
To be considered for the role of PRU Teaching Assistant you will:
- Strong behaviour management skills
- Be patient, engaging and calm when under pressure
- A god understanding of child protection and safeguarding guidelines
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are:
- A minimum of 6 weeks relevant experience
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Vision for Education offer
As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
Vision for Education do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.