£600 - £750 per week
About the role
An SEMH school in Stockport are seeking an Music Teacher for a full-time role teaching young people (KS3 & 4) who are accessing a specialist school setting in Stockport. The position is set to continue into next academic year and has the potential to become permanent for the right person.
- The desired Music Teacher will deliver the subject as part of a bespoke curriculum.
- The Music department is very well resourced and provides a forum for some highly talented young people to express themselves.
- The role of the Music Teacher ideally requires someone who has experience of supporting and motivating students in accessing education and overcoming barriers to learning.
- You will ideally have experience of implementing a variety of de-escalation strategies in challenging situations involving young people.
About the school
- The specialist SEMH school in Stockport has an alternative approach to education and supports routes to wellbeing and engagement.
- The school promotes a nurturing environment to help students feel secure, supported and positive about their learning environment
- The school caters for students with communication and interaction problems, learning difficulties, and social or emotional issues.
- Hold a teaching qualification,
- Have a genuine desire to become part of a committed team of staff,
- Have a passion for teaching with the ability to plan and deliver inspiring lessons,
- Have a comprehensive understanding of working with young people attributed EHCP’s for a Special Educational Needs, with references as evidence,
- Hold a recognised UK teaching qualification
About Vision for Education
What Vision for Education offer
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.