LOCATION – Stockport
CONTRACT TYPE – Full time
CONTRACT TERMS – Long term
SALARY - £70 – 80 per day
JOB START – ASAP
About the role
Do you have experience working in Mental Health?
Are you looking for a role where you can support vulnerable young people?
Vision for Education are looking for a Mental Health Support Worker to work in school settings in Stockport supporting young people and children with Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs.
- As a mental health support worker, you will be based inside the classroom supporting students within education
- You will be responsible for supporting their educational, social, and emotional development
- You may be required to support within the whole class, small groups or on a 1:1 basis
- You will need to be someone who is patient, caring and adaptable to each young person you will support
About the school
- Each school we work with in Stockport pride themselves, as being part of a supportive local authority that aim to take a on a child-centred learning approach
- All staff work to inspire, motivate, and challenge each pupil no matter what their induvial needs may be
- School intake will be smaller and so class sizes will vary
- There are opportunities for the role to become permanent with the school after a qualifying period
- Have experience of working with those with social, emotional, or mental health needs
- Have a caring, supportive and nurturing personality
- Be willing to work in the Stockport area
- Have relevant experience of working with children and young people
About Vision for Education
What Vision for Education offer
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.