Vision for Education are currently recruiting for a dedicated Maths & English Tutor to work with Looked after Children (LAC) on a part-time or full-time basis in Salford
About the role
The successful Maths & English Tutor will be responsible for the educational development of a cohort of LAC and students with an EHCP (Key Stage 1 – Key Stage 4) under your supervision within Salford. Tuition sessions can range from two - five hours per day (within and outside of school hours) depending on the student's timetable and capabilities. The successful tutor will work closely with a disengaged young people with SEMH needs and therefore it is essential they have experience of working with children with complex needs.
As a Maths & English Tutor, you will be working on a 1:1 basis, therefore this role will require you to work with students to build positive relationships and help them overcome barriers to learning. Each student’s timetable is tailor made for them to accommodate to their needs and interests, however students will be studying core subjects so you will be required to deliver Maths & English up to GCSE level.
As a Maths & English Tutor you will successfully implement teaching and learning strategies based around the student's EHCP and make adjustments to each session where necessary to have a motivating impact on students and maintain focus.
About the school
Tuition can be requested by local authorities, mainstream schools or alternative provisions, with sessions usually taking place off site in community venues such as libraries, care homes or in the student's home as long as an appropriate adult is present.
Because of this, you will be required to produce weekly reports of each student’s engagement and attainment, record weekly attendance figures, and attend meetings and PEP/LAC reviews. Due to the nature of the role of a 1:1 Tutor, suitable candidates will be comfortable liaising with school contacts to gain schemes of work and report any issues or concerns when necessary.
- Have a comprehensive understanding of working with young people attributed EHCP’s for a Special Educational Needs, with references as evidence
- Have experience of implementing a variety of de-escalation strategies in challenging situations involving young people.
- Have the ability to teach Maths & English
- A teaching qualification (QTS/QTLS is desired but not essential)
About Vision for Education
What Vision for Education offer
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.