Vision are recruiting for a Learning Support Mentor to work in a Pupil Referral Unit. We are looking for people that have a passion for working with young people that struggle to regulate their own emotions and behaviours.
About the role
You will be working with young people that struggle to regulate their own emotions, supporting them in core subjects such as Maths and English, but also working outdoors, incorporating sport and other outdoor activities into their curriculum.
About the school
The school caters for young people that have been taken out of their mainstream school. They place a big emphasis on sport and physical activity as it is a fantastic outlet for children that can struggle to express their emotions.
- Experience or Qualifications in Sports Coaching
- The desire to positively impact the lives of young people that may have suffered trauma
- An outgoing and engaging personality
- The ability to remain calm in volatile situations
- Relevant experience with young people or vulnerable adults
About Vision for Education
What Vision for Education offer
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.