Learning Support Assistant
£350 to £400 per week
18 April 2022
Are you passionate and enthusiastic about supporting children with barriers to learning? Vision For Education have full and part-time opportunities for a Learning Support Assistant to work in special needs schools in the Stockport area.
About the role
- As a Learning Support Assistant you will have a caring and patient manner.
- You will be expected to meet the needs of pupils with Autism, Moderate Learning Difficulties, and other associated needs including Social, Emotional and Mental Health.
- You will be working with children on a 1:1 basis and so the ability to build positive relationships is required.
- Previous experience isn’t essential but the successful candidate will offer enthusiasm, flexibility, a sense of humour and a willingness to learn.
About the school
- The schools are focused on supporting students to achieve their full potential through their learning, personal care, and living skills.
- They offer a supportive and welcoming team and excellent facilities designed to provide pupils with the best possible experience of education.
- There are opportunities for the role to become permanent with the school after a qualifying period
- The schools are easily accessible by car or public transport.
To be considered for the role of Learning Support Assistant you will:
- Be resilient and able to meet demands of a challenging high-pressured environment and deal with emergencies when required
- Understands the needs of students with learning difficulties
- Be reliable in both attendance and punctuality.
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are:
- Have relevant experience of working with children, young people or vulnerable adults
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Vision for Education offer
As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
Vision for Education do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.