Are you looking for a role where you can make a difference? Are you passionate about helping young people to be happy and live their best lives?
About the role
Vision for Education is seeking to appoint a Learning Support Assistant to join our successful supply team and work in a specialist school and college in Cheadle. The desired Learning Support Assistant will be supported by an outstanding and passionate management team, and will work alongside some excellent practitioners, who put children at the heart of everything they do.
As a Learning Support Assistant you will be required to:
- Provide highly specialised care and support to ensure each student’s needs are understood and met,
- Work closely with the teaching and therapy staff to ensure the pupils are being cared for correctly,
- Be proactive and take a person centred approach to working with young people.
About the school
- The specialist school and college support children and young people (2 - 25) with profound and complex learning difficulties/disabilities, sensory impairments, communication disorders and medical needs,
- They aim to provide high quality education and care and for children and young people, and promise to do their best to support their families,
- The School has excellent ties to the local community which creates an excellent environment to work in,
- There are opportunities for the role to become permanent with the school after a qualifying period.
- Be comfortable supporting young people who display challenging behaviour, experience of this is desired but not essential
- Be able to travel to Cheadle
- Be flexible, resilient and the ability to think on your feet
- A minimum of six weeks experience of working with children and young people
About Vision for Education
What Vision for Education offer
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.