£350 - 400 per week
About the role
Do you have experience of working with young people with additional needs? Are you able to engage young people and motivate them to achieve?
Vision for Education is looking to appoint a Learning Mentor to join our successful supply team and work in local schools in Manchester supporting Looked After Children (LAC).
As a Learning Mentor you would be required to:
- Work with the class teacher, a team of experienced support staff and parents to provide the best support for Looked After Children in Manchester,
- Lead 1:1 and small group sessions,
- In class support may be required for named students during re-integration into mainstream school or alternative provision,
- Provide support for building confidence, aspirations and positive behaviours,
- Proactively support students and staff with effective behaviour in line with the school’s behaviour policy.
- Mentoring sessions can range from one hour or a full school day (within school hours or after school) depending on the student's timetable and capabilities.
About the school
- The Learning Mentor role can be based across mainstream primary and secondary schools or alternative provisions,
- The schools we work with are committed to making a difference to all the students who attend and ensure sure they have the best educational opportunities,
- You would also liaise with the local authority and school regarding the student’s progress and consider intervention sessions outside the classroom,
- There are opportunities for the role to become permanent with the school after a qualifying period
- Be able to build positive, professional relationships and help children overcome barriers to learning,
- Have knowledge of working with Education, Health & Care Plans (EHCPs),
- Suitable qualifications such as Youth Work, Health and Social Care or Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools are desired but not essential
- Have a genuine desire to become part of a committed team of school staff,
- Be able to work in the Manchester area.
- Have relevant experience of working with children, young people or vulnerable adults
About Vision for Education
What Vision for Education offer
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.