Vision for Education is looking to appoint a Key Stage 1 Teaching Assistant (TA) to join our successful supply team and work in a friendly primary school in Bishop Auckland.
About the role
This is a part time supply TA role, which will commence as soon as possible with a vision for temporary to permanent employment later in the academic year. Working as part of a dynamic and creative team in a primary school you will be providing general support in Key Stage 1, including special support for a small group of SEND children within the classroom environment. Previous experience supporting SEND and children is essential. This role will be part time, Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 12.30pm.
About the school
As small village primary school, the school educates children from Nursery to Year 6 with mixed year groups, staff go the extra mile to provide good education to children, of which a small percentage have SEND.
- Hold a minimum of a Level 2 qualification in Supporting Children and Learning or Childcare.
- Have experience of working as a Teaching Assistant in a school environment.
- Be experienced in working with smaller nurture groups to boost attainment.
- Have a genuine desire to become part of a committed team of school staff.
- Ideally have experience delivering Literacy and Maths interventions.
- Possess experience working with SEND children on a 1:1 basis.
- Level 2 Support Teaching and Learning / Childcare qualification.
About Vision for Education
What Vision for Education offer
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.