We are looking to recruit an ICT Technician for a permanent position in a multi sited Education Trust in Greater Manchester.
About the role
The main purpose of the role is to deliver a high-quality ICT service across the trust. The primary location for the role is Stockport but does require travel to other sites in the trust in Tameside & Manchester. The successful candidate will assist in maintaining the ICT network and systems across the trust, providing support for the server and network infrastructure. Safeguarding children and vulnerable adults is a priority for all employees.
About the school
Vision for Education are delighted to be working in partnership with a highly reputable SEND College in Manchester who cater for young people aged 16 – 25. They provide personalised support, tailored learning, and hands-on life skills to young people with learning difficulties, disabilities, complex health needs, and autism, to give them the confidence to exceed their aspirations.
- GCSE qualifications in English in Maths (essential) and approved ICT industry approved qualification eg MCSA, MCT (desirable)
- Experience in wide range of IT software and equipment e.g. Interactive Screens, Tablets devices and Mobile devices
- Workplace experience in providing IT support
- Strong customer service skills
- 6+ months relevant experience
- Assist with the daily tasks of the IT team and use the IT Service Desk system to prioritise and assign tickets, respond to tickets, monitor issues, and track maintenance
- Assist staff and students in rectifying and IT issues and supporting the use of technology in the classroom and escalating IT issues within the team effectively
- Work on specific delegated IT projects to enhance the working environment and support the Trust to deliver high quality services to all students and wider stakeholders
- Maintain appropriate records of IT equipment
- Setup and deploy new computers, software, and other devices
- Ensure that all data is handled, stored, and disposed of in accordance with the Data Protection Act and GDPR
What the school offer
- Competitive salary
- Workplace pension
- Friendly and welcoming community of staff