Are you looking for a Head of Humanities role in a school that supports its staff to produce the best results for the pupils in their care? If so then please call me now!
About the role
We are working with a school in the Bury LA looking to appoint a Head of Humanities for a role starting in September for the full academic year. They are requiring a knowledgeable and skilled leader to join the school leadership team, leading their own faculty and contributing to the wider leadership and development of the school.
The successful candidate will be an outstanding teacher and have some experience of leading a department to achieve the best possible outcomes and provide a high-quality experience for students. They will be keen to promote a culture of high standards and commitment to development, ensuring the teams understand the factors that lead to high levels of student achievement and supporting them to implement relevant strategies. A teaching qualification and degree relevant to the subject(s) taught are essential .The most important skills to ensure success in this role will include the ability to coach others, strong time management skills and sound judgement.
About the school
Our client school is a popular school, valued by its local community. They provide every pupil with the opportunity to fulfil their full potential in a caring and supporting environment where high quality teaching and learning can take place ensuring success for all their pupils. They maintain positive links with the wider community and promote in their pupils self-esteem, and appreciation of rights and a willingness to accept responsibilities.
- Be a passionate and innovative Teacher of Humanities with KS3 and KS4 experience
- Have a passion for teaching with the ability to plan and deliver inspiring lessons
- Have experience of successfully leading a department
- Have high expectations of students and staff alike
- UK QTS/QTLS
- Relevant school experience
About Vision for Education
What Vision for Education offer
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.