Vision for Education are looking to source a hair and beauty tutor to work with residents in a local prison. This is a rewarding role with the chance to make a real difference.
About the role
We’re looking for a Hair and Beauty Tutor to work with residents in a prison. This can be a full time or part time role starting ASAP. The perfect candidate will be patient, have the ability to remain calm in stressful situations, be flexible and open to change and have excellent verbal communication skills. This is a highly rewarding role, working with people who genuinely want to learn and see results.
About the school
This prison has an objective to provide a safe and secure living and working environment for residents in their care. They aim to reduce reoffending through the provision of a rehabilitative culture, offering education and training opportunities, together with support from agencies both within and outside the prison.
- Have sensitivity and understanding in regard to difficult situations
- Identify the needs of individuals in classes and groups and develop differentiated teaching methods and resources accordingly
- Act as a positive role model to residents
- Be prepared to undergo an enhanced background check
- Experience of delivering lessons or supporting children and adults
- Have an interest in the rehabilitation and resettlement of offenders
- Have relevant qualifications
About Vision for Education
What Vision for Education offer
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.