We are looking for candidates to join us for this Entry Level Teaching Assistant role to work within SEND schools in Newcastle . You may be a graduate thinking of a career in teaching, or someone with the right transferrable skils.
About the role
As a new Entry Level Teaching Assistant, you will be a general classroom assistant, with the position to branch into a 1:1 role, should you wish to . We are keen to meet with candidates who have a passion for working with children using a range of creative approaches and developing a inclusive learning environment with the students. We can be flexible with our candidates, but most vacancies are full time Monday to Friday 8:30am - 4pm weekly . We can also offer ad-hoc supply work if preferred.
About the school
We are working with a number of Primary and Secondary SEND schools in and around Newcastle. As a part of building our profile with our client schools, we visit and spend time observing the teaching and learning and speaking with the senior leadership team. We will share with our new candidates our insights into our schools so you are confident when you first walk into a classroom. The schools can range from small to large settings, so there will be a school best suited to yourself, where you can thrive and hopefully go on to be given a permanent job. We can find the right role for you, whether that is behaviour, sutaism, learning difficulties or PMLD (Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties).
- Relevant qualifications are desirable but not essential
- Recent experience working with young people or vulnerable adults in any setting
- Calm and empathetic nature
- Ability to remain composed in volatile situations
- Experience of working with young people or vulnerable adults
About Vision for Education
What Vision for Education offer
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.