Vision for Education are looking to grow their teaching team with a vacancy for an experienced Cover Supervisor for a Special school in Kirkby Lonsdale, starting ASAP.
About the role
The successful Cover Supervisor will be tasked with working with classes made up of students across Key Stage 1 to Key Stage 5. The school are looking for flexible roles with the potential of this role becoming long-term and permanent for the right candidate.
The Cover Supervisor will have experience working with a variety of SEN needs from Moderate Learning Difficulties (MLD) to Severe Learning Difficulties (SLD) and Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD).
As a Cover Supervisor, your main roles will be:
- Supporting students in completing the work set by the class teacher
- Delivering the work set by the class teacher
- Running small group settings
- Dealing with potential behaviour issues and ensuring the best progress for each student in the class
About the school
The school is a co-educational Independent Special School for young people between the ages of 5-19.
The school is co-located with a children’s home and caters for young people with needs arising from Autism Spectrum Condition, Learning Difficulties/Disabilities and Mental Health needs.
The school admits young people across a broad cognitive profile ranging from those at an early developmental stage up to those who may follow entry level vocational studies/ GCSE programmes.
- Have experience working in a similar setting with young people that have learning difficulties.
- Be proactive and empathetic in your approach, always aiming to achieve the best possible outcomes for the students you work with.
- Be an excellent communicator, able to work well as part of a wider team.
- Have the ability to lead small group and 1:1 activities as directed by the class teacher.
- Hold a degree level qualification.
- To have recent experience in a similar role within the last two years.
About Vision for Education
What Vision for Education offer
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.