Vision for Education are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and strong Behaviour Support Worker, working at a setting in Barrow in Furness, starting immediately.
About the role
This is a fantastic opportunity for a committed Behaviour Support Worker to make a difference to pupils lives and their experience of education, especially those who have become disengaged from education. The successful Behaviour Support Worker will be required to work with small classes and 1:1 ranging from year 7 to year 11, assisting pupils in overcoming barriers to learning and dealing with behavioural issues.
About the school
The setting in Barrow are seeking and engaging and proactive Behaviour Support Worker to join their motivated team. A warm and inclusive environment, they provide bespoke, child-centred, high quality education programmes, which aim to ensure that all the students individual educational needs are met.
The school would particularly welcome candidates with experience of delivering numeracy, literacy or vocabulary related interventions.
- Have experience working with either small groups or 1:1 with students who may demonstrate challenging behaviour and who may have Special Educational Needs.
- Be able to provide a safe and positive learning environment and de-escalate any threatening or aggressive behaviour.
- Mentor and engage with the students, successfully delivering specifically designed educational packages
- Be confident and have a positive approach that engages students in their learning
- Have excellent classroom management skills
- Ideally have experience leading Numeracy, Literacy or Vocabulary related interventions.
- Previous experience in a behaviour/support role
About Vision for Education
What Vision for Education offer
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.