Vision for Education is seeking an experienced Behaviour Support Assistant to support students at a specialist school in Doncaster.
About the role
As a passionate Behaviour Support assistant, you will be working on a full time basis with students who are disengaged from education and may have been permanently or temporarily excluded from their mainstream setting. Students may also be awaiting assessment for SEND such as SEMH, ASD, ADHD and Learning Difficulties.
You will be expected to support small groups or on a 1:1 basis, aiming to overcome learning barriers through engaging lessons and a supportive approach.
About the school
We have built long-standing relationships with schools across the Doncaster and South Yorkshire area. All our schools provide a welcoming and supportive environment for their supply staff.
- • Have previous experience working with children with a range of abilities and maybe some special education needs
- • Have strong communications skills with the ability to quickly built rapport with students
- • Be able to work as part of a team and be confident dealing with occasional behavioural challenges
- • Be available on a full time basis from asap
- • Ideally have an enhanced DBS which is subscribed to the update service or be willing to apply for a new one
- • Have Maths and English GCSE (or equivalent) at Grade C or above
- A minimum of 3 months relevant experience working with children, young people or adults.
About Vision for Education
What Vision for Education offer
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.