Behaviour Support Assistant
£350 to £400 per week
02 May 2022
Do you have a talent for building relationships and breaking down barriers? Are you looking for a new opportunity? We have full-time vacancies in Trafford schools supporting children to manage their behaviour.
About the role
- The role of a Behaviour Support Assistant is a fantastic opportunity to make a difference to pupils lives and their experience of education, especially those who have become disengaged from school life.
- You will be required to support in small classes from Y7 – Y11, using behaviour management skills in assisting pupils in overcoming barriers to learning.
- Pupils are all aged 11-16 with EHCPs for Social, Emotional & Mental Health needs, SEMH, as well as associated needs such as Autism or ADHD
- You will need to be resilient, empathetic, patient and not take things too personally.
- We are looking for an individual who has a passion for creating fun and engaging ways to support students
About the school
- The schools offer broad curriculums based on children’s' needs and interests including vocational learning.
- Lessons take place in small groups of no more than 8 pupils.
- Pupils are working at lower than expected levels for their age and so your approach and support will need to reflect their abilities
- The schools focus on areas where progress can be made whether that's emotionally, socially, behaviourally or academically.
To be considered for the role of Behaviour Support Assistant you will:
- Be confident in their behaviour management skills to facilitate a safe and positive learning environment and de-escalate any threatening or aggressive behaviour.
- To mentor and engage with the students, delivering specifically designed educational packages.
- You will be required to work with the teaching staff to monitor behaviour, recognise triggers and prevent crisis situations from occurring.
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are:
- Have a minimum of 6 weeks relevant experience
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Vision for Education offer
As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
Vision for Education do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.