This is a temporary position meaning that you will have the opportunity to work long-term, full time placements at various special schools around West Yorkshire.
About the role
As an Autism Support Worker you will work alongside the Class Teacher to assist with delivering lessons and supporting children to learn through play to help them expand on their communication and sensory skills. The aim of your role is to support the development of pupils’ spoken language as well as reading and writing. As an Autism Support Worker you will be supporting the pupils to take part in many opportunities such as going out in the community for independent travel training and with domestic life skills such as teaching them how to cook.
About the school
The environment in which you will be working is in a Special School in Wetherby, Leeds. The school caters for children and young people aged 2-19 with a wide range of learning needs like Autism, Learning Disabilities, Language Barriers and Complex Conditions. To support with learning and development, all pupils have an Education and Care Plan in place which helps staff to understand the specific needs and requirements of each pupil and their most effective methods of learning.
- To hold a minimum of 6 months experience supporting children or adults with autism and learning disabilities
- Be willing to undergo a DBS check
- Be available full-time Monday to Friday, 08.30-15.30
- Have a minimum of 6 months experience supporting children or adults with autism and learning disabilities
About Vision for Education
What Vision for Education offer
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.