Are you looking for a teaching role where you can make a difference to the lives of young people? Vision for Education are looking for a 1:1 Face to Face Tutor to teach students in Lancashire.
About the role
We are looking for a SEND Tutor who can work on a 1:1 basis with students who are unable to attend an education setting or need further support in a curriculum area. Tuition sessions can range from one - five hours per day (within and outside of school hours) depending on the student's timetable and capabilities.
We are looking for SEND Tutor who can work 1:1 with students who have the following needs:
The main responsibilities for the ideal SEND Tutor are:
- Build positive relationships and help students overcome barriers to learning,
- Plan and deliver Maths & English lessons
- Implement teaching and learning strategies based around the student's EHCP and make adjustments to maintain focus and motivate students,
- Liaise with schools to gain schemes of work and report any issues or concerns when necessary,
- Complete weekly reports of student’s engagement and attainment, record weekly attendance figures.
About the school
Tuition sessions can be requested by local authorities, mainstream schools or alternative provisions, with sessions usually taking place off site in community venues such as:
- Residential homes
- The family home (providing an appropriate adult is present)
- Have experience of teaching young people
- Have the ability to teach Maths & English
- Have a comprehensive understanding of working with young people with EHCPs
- Have experience of implementing a variety of de-escalation strategies in challenging situations involving young people
- A teaching qualification (QTS/QTLS is desired but not essential)
About Vision for Education
What Vision for Education offer
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.