Vision for Education are working with a Secure Unit in Sleaford to recruit a dedicated 1:1 Teaching Assistant, to start ASAP. This is a full time role and will be made permanent for the right candidate.
About the role
The school are looking for a creative and hardworking 1:1 Teaching Assistant, ideally with experience of working with SEMH children who can exhibit physical behaviours. Supporting the class teacher to assist with additional 1:1 support with the students due to the variety of abilities among the students.
About the school
The setting is a friendly and high-performing setting, who pride themselves on their passionate and successful approach to learning. They can offer enthusiastic children who are engaged in their learning, along with a supportive and talented team who are committed to ensuring each child reaches their potential. The successful 1:1 Teaching Assistant will also benefit from access to wide range of professional development opportunities.
The unit is a 12 bed residential home with residents aged 11 to 19, who are either awaiting or have been sentenced.
- Have experience working with SEMH children, young people or adults
- Have excellent behaviour management skills
- Be a confident communicator, able to use your own initiative when required
- Be prepared to participate in a Restrictive Physical Intervention Course
- Due to the immediate nature of role an Enhanced DBS on the Update Service is preferred
- Have experience working with SEND or SEMH children you people or adults
- Hold a level 2 minimum relevant qualification
About Vision for Education
What Vision for Education offer
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.