We're always looking to strengthen our teams. As part of Tes, we use our reach and influence - with both schools and candidates - to make a difference in education recruitment.
We're always keen to hear from experienced people in any of the regions we cover.
Get in touch
Job role: Senior Recruitment Consultant (Secondary team) & Recruitment Consultant (Primary team)
Location: Sheffield, S9 4WG
Salary: Negotiable (depending on experience) + uncapped bonus scheme
Contract: Full-time, permanent
Our Sheffield office is looking to appoint a Senior Recruitment Consultant for our Secondary team and a Recruitment Consultant for our Primary team. Due to phenomenal growth, we are looking to recruit additional education professionals who can provide a first class service to our schools and candidates within the South Yorkshire and Derbyshire area. We'd love to hear from experienced recruiters and people with education or sales experience.
Duties and responsibilities
You will provide a vital link between clients and candidates. The role is demanding and diverse and involves:
- Working with a large client base - many of our schools work exclusively with Vision for Education.
- Using sales, business development and marketing techniques and networking opportunities to attract and retain business from client schools.
- Visiting clients to build and develop close working relationships.
- Developing a good understanding of client schools; what they do and their culture and environment.
- Advertising vacancies by placing adverts on a variety of job boards and tes.com (unique in the marketplace).
- Using social media to advertise positions, attract candidates and build relationships with candidates, employers and the education community.
- Headhunting - identifying and approaching suitable candidates who may already be in work.
- Using candidate databases to match the right person to the client's day-to-day, short/long term and permanent vacancies.
- Receiving and reviewing applications, managing interviews and creating a shortlist of candidates for the client.
- Requesting references and checking the suitability of applicants before submitting their details to the client.
- Briefing the candidate about the responsibilities, salary and benefits of the job.
- Preparing CVs and correspondence to forward to clients in respect of suitable applicants.
- Organising interviews and trial days for candidates as requested by the client.
- Informing candidates about the results of their interviews.
- Using our Salesforce system to manage short and long-term bookings.
- Co-ordinating sponsorship and engagement activities for client schools.
The successful candidate
- Excellent communication, presentation and sales skills.
- Ability to grow a warm desk.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Proficient in using IT equipment and software.
- Ability to organise your own workload, meet deadlines and use your initiative.
- Self-motivated and resilient.
- A professional and ethical approach to business.
- Ability to forge and maintain relationships over the telephone and face-to-face.
- Desire to exceed the highest levels of customer service.
What we offer:
- Negotiable salary plus uncapped bonus.
- Termly company/team performance incentives.
- Career progression and professional development opportunities.
- Regular subsidised social events and annual company celebration event.
- Company pension and benefits scheme.
- Reduced working hours during school holidays.
How to apply
To find out more, or for a completely confidential chat, please call Laura Wilkinson, Sheffield Branch Manager, on 0114 2435 555 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.