We're always looking to strengthen our teams. As part of Tes, we use our reach and influence - with both schools and candidates - to make a difference in education recruitment.
We're always keen to hear from experienced people in any of the regions we cover.
Get in touch
Job title: Recruitment Consultant
Contract: Full-time, permanent
Salary: Generous, negotiable salary plus bonus scheme
Vision for Education is looking to appoint a recruitment consultant to join our team in Bristol, where you will be working with schools across Bristol, BANES, and South Gloucester. This is a fantastic opportunity for a recruitment consultant to join the market leaders in education recruitment in the Bristol area, recruiting high-quality teaching and support staff for short and long-term placements and permanent roles.
Vision for Education is proud to be part of TES, which means we can offer an unrivalled service to both schools and teachers.
You will provide a vital link between clients and candidates. The role is demanding and diverse and involves:
- Working with a large client base - many of the schools nationally work exclusively with Vision for Education.
- Using sales, business development and marketing techniques and networking opportunities to attract business from client schools.
- Visiting clients to build and develop close working relationships.
- Developing a good understanding of client schools; what they do and their culture and environment.
- Advertising vacancies by placing adverts on a variety of job boards including the Vision for Education website and the TES website.
- Using social media to advertise positions, attract candidates and build relationships with candidates, employers, and the teaching community.
- Headhunting - identifying and approaching suitable candidates who may already be in work.
- Using candidate databases to match the right person to the client's vacancy.
- Receiving and reviewing applications, managing interviews, and creating a shortlist of candidates for the client.
- Requesting references and checking the suitability of applicants before submitting their details to the client.
- Briefing the candidate about the responsibilities, salary, and benefits of the job.
- Preparing CVs and correspondence to forward to clients in respect of suitable applicants.
- Organising interviews for candidates as requested by the client.
- Informing candidates about the results of their interviews.
- Using our Salesforce system to manage bookings.
- Coordinating sponsorship activities for client schools.
The successful Recruitment Consultant will have/be:
- Excellent communication and sales skills.
- The ability to grow a desk (Secondary, Primary or SEND) from the start.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- An ability to organise their own workload and meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated and resilient.
- The ability to act on their own initiative.
- Possess a professional and ethical approach to business.
- Be able to forge and maintain relationships over the telephone and face-to-face.
- Possess a desire to exceed the highest levels of customer service.
- Operate effectively as part of a happy, motivated team.
What we offer
- Excellent salary package with an open-ended bonus system.
- Company/team performance incentives throughout the year.
- Excellent career progression and professional development opportunities.
- Regular team events.
- Friendly, professional, and hard-working team environment.
- Reduced working hours during school holidays.
How to apply
To be considered for the role of Recruitment Consultant please email an up-to-date CV and contact details to dannielle.ford@visionforeducation, or call Dannielle Ford on 0117 28 2600 an informal chat about the position.