We take the safety and protection of pupils seriously. All our candidates are fully vetted through our rigorous safeguarding and interview processes.
Our safeguarding processes are in line with both the DfE (Department for Education) and REC’s (Recruitment and Employment Confederation) guidelines. You can be fully confident of your candidate’s background and suitability to work in your school.
We meet every potential candidate face to face, to get to know them and understand their particular strengths. In addition, we have a dedicated and experienced safeguarding department, which works independently from schools, candidates and branches so that checks are carried out in complete confidence by trained vetting staff. A branch cannot offer you a member of staff until the candidate has been fully cleared by our safeguarding team.
Each time you book a member of staff from Vision for Education, you can be sure that the following have been completed:
- Face-to-face interview*
- Right to work check
- Photo ID and address check
- A current enhanced DBS certificate, including Barred List check, registered on the Update Service
- TRA lists checked for prohibitions
- Medical check
- Last ten years work history and a minimum of two professional references obtained**
- Relevant qualifications check
- Childcare Disqualification Questionnaire (for candidates working within the primary sector)
- Overseas police check/certificate of good conduct confirmed (where applicable)
* We are currently conducting video interviews in line with Government guidance during the pandemic.
** One reference will be from the candidate’s most recent and substantial relevant employer, and requested references will cover the last two years of employment.
Once a candidate is cleared for work, continued suitability is monitored for all active candidates and ongoing checks are performed by our central Safeguarding team.
Our Service and Safeguarding Guarantee provides more information about the vetting checks we complete for our supply staff.