This training is for Vision for Education’s registered candidates only
This session looks at positive handling which will help you support students with challenging behaviour and will teach a range of de-escalation techniques which will promote positive relationships in schools.
We ask candidates to arrive for 8.45am to start for 9am until 4.00pm.
- To promote the least intrusive positive handling, and continuum of gradual and graded techniques. There will be an emphasis and preference for the use of verbal and non-verbal de-escalation strategies.
- To enable services to develop acceptable and authorised responses to disruptive, disturbing, angry and aggressive behaviours in a manner that maintains positive relationships and provides safety for all.
- To reduce the amount of serious incidents involving physical controls in all settings, and to emphasise the importance of exhausting behaviour management strategies in the first instance.
- To increase the awareness of staff concerning the importance of recording ad reporting, monitoring and evaluating, all incidents involving positive handling.
- To provide a process of repair and reflection for both staff and children.
Spaces are limited so contact the Manchester branch to book your place.