Welcome to the dedicated section of our website for Newly Qualified Teachers (NQTs).
Why Register with Vision For Education?
The first step to your first teaching post is right here. Send us your details and we will do the rest to help you start your teaching career.
About Vision For Education
Our experienced Teacher Recruitment Agency has Supply and Permanent Teaching Jobs available across Primary, Secondary and Special Needs schools throughout the UK.
What makes us different?
- We listen
- We are professional
- We commit to paying the best rates of pay
- We have established long lasting relationships with schools
- We will help you to start your induction process
When is the best time to register with Vision For Education?
- Register with us as early as possible during your final year, so that you are cleared and ready to teach. You do not need to wait until QTS is awarded. We will present you to schools once you have completed your final teaching practice and as long as they have provided you with a reference.
- Training institutes do not usually object to their students working at this point and schools welcome your enthusiasm and up to date knowledge and practices.
- We always explain fully your teaching status. Even if you have secured a post for September, still register and earn some money for the summer holidays! You can also be paid via Vision for Education if your teaching practice school wants to use you on daily supply once your placement finishes.
How does supply work fit in with induction?
- A qualified teacher who gained QTS on or after 1 September 2007 who has not completed an induction period, can undertake short-term supply work of less than one term in a relevant school for a maximum period of 5 years from the point of award of QTS. This is a fixed time limit with no discretion to extend. Short-term supply placements of less than one term, or equivalent, cannot count towards induction, as such posts will not provide an NQT with the breadth of experience, support and assessment necessary to enable them to demonstrate that their performance against the relevant standards is satisfactory.
- It is not possible to backdate the start of an induction period if a short-term supply contract is extended beyond one term. However, an induction programme must be put in place immediately it becomes clear that the extended contract will continue for a further term or more.
- An NQT can work part-time as a short-term supply teacher, while concurrently serving induction in another part-time post after the five year limit has expired. However, the short-term supply post will not count towards induction.
What does registration involve?
- Simply visit one of our offices and we will go through our registration pack. Prior to this we will send you a letter outlining what documents you will need to bring in. This is your opportunity for us all to get to know each other and for Vision For Education to understand exactly what you want.
You will have lots more questions so to have a friendly chat, call 0800 085 0644 or visit the contact page for your local branch number. You can also hit Register at the top of this page to send us your CV and contact detail – we’ll do the rest!