Learning Support Assistant (ASC)
We are looking for experienced, and diligent LSA’s in Bolton to assist with pupils across both primary and secondary who have SLD or ASC. The role will entail working with pupils across KS1 and KS2 with PMLD and ASC in a special schools across Bolton. The role is a long term, as pupils need stability and routine. The school provides specialist provision for pupils of all ages.
The provision in Bolton is a Specialist Autistic Centre’s and Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties centre. The successful candidate will be required to build fantastic professional relationships with pupils and staff within these provisions, thus must have excellent interpersonal skills along with previous experience of working in these environments.
Please see the following for a list of essential criteria, followed by desirable.
• Essential: Have at least one year’s experience working with young people and adults who have been attributed a diagnosis of Autistic Spectrum Condition
• Essential: Have had experience working with pupils who have barriers to learning such as; Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties, Severe Learning Difficulties and Moderate Learning Difficulties.
• Desirable: Have a degree level qualification in a relevant topic (Including but not limited to: Psychology, Social Work, SEND, Nursing)
• Desirable: Experience of delivering sessions to develop the emotional literacy of children with SEMH and Behavioural Difficulties
• Desirable: Have experience of working within Special Schools in the Bolton area, and have a positive reputation within the schools.
The Vision for Education Special Needs department is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We work alongside a variety of Special Educational Needs Schools and Pupil Referral Units. We provide day to day and long-term recruitment solutions for Teachers and Teaching Assistants.
We can offer our staff the opportunity to gain a further understanding of working in the SEN sector as we provide regular courses that prepare you for working with a variety of additional needs that will be certified upon completion. These include: Autism Awareness, Team Teach and many more.